Exercise is essential to maintaining weight and improving overall health, but with our busy schedules, it’s tough to fit in fitness. Sometimes coming to the gym feels like an impossible ask! To help you not skip out on weight loss and fitness goals altogether, here are a couple of easy ways to fit fitness into your everyday life.
- Speed walk your errands – Instead of eating lunch work, lace up your sneakers and do your daily errands on foot during lunch break. Use your to-do list to map out a walking route, grab your wallet and iPod, and head outside for an hour of heart-pumping activity. Even if you need to drive to a mall first, cruise around on foot checking items off your list. Get your errands and workout out of the way!
- Play in the park – Instead of meeting friends for Happy Hour after work on Friday or vegging on the couch over the weekend, head to the park for a couple of hours of play. Bring a Rugby ball for a bit of touch, a football for a little kick about or the kids and the dogs! Incorporate some activity into your social life—and avoid those couch potato calories!
- Stand and flex – When waiting in line at the grocery store or bank (or anywhere), flex my abs/glutes for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times. It helps make the time pass, it’s a quick and easy way to work your core/glutes without anyone noticing.
- Go the long way – Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park further away from your building so you get a little extra walking. If you ride the bus to work, get off a stop before your office and walk the extra distance.
- Email and call less – Instead of calling or emailing a co-worker, get up from your desk and walk over to chat with them. You will get a lot more accomplished in a quick in-person meeting, and burn a few calories walking to their desk. It might not seem like a lot of activity, but all those small steps can equal big gains when they’re done consistently!
- Ditch the shopping cart – If you have a small shopping list, ditch the cart and use two reusable bags to carry groceries. Throw a bag over each shoulder and walk around the grocery store collecting items. Carrying two heavy bags is a great workout, and, at the same time, I get my grocery shopping done for the week.
- Wake Up! Give Me 50! – Before you shower in the morning, do 50 crunches and push-ups. It takes only five minutes and it sets the tone for the day.
- Add 15 minutes to Fido’s walk – Walk your dog before/after work. On the days when it’ll be tough to fit in a workout, add an extra 15 minutes and power walking or run those extra steps.
- Weekend Warrior – Fit in a workout on the weekend, but not when your household tasks take over most of your free time. Instead of missing out on a workout, wash the car by hand rather than taking it to the car wash, mow the lawn.
At Tiger Athletic, we are passionate about helping you be the healthiest version of yourself, so you can lead a more fulfilling personal and professional life, in your home with your loved ones and in your profession maximising your earning ability from your passion. We use an individualise approach to assess, motivate, coach and educate our clients regards their wellness needs and goals.
Let’s Chat About Your Health.